Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Round 2 Ding, ding ding ding, ding

O.k. you are supposed to imaging here, the bikini clad girl walking around the ring holding the Round 2 sign. Oh wait. This is MY blog, imagine a really hot, sexy, guy in Levi jeans, with 6-pack abs holding the sign instead. :)

Went back into the hospital on Wednesday Jan 19. I started out going to imaging to have my central line put in. My appointment was for 8, but they didn't get me in until 10:30. Gotta love Doctors.  I don't know why, but I decided I didn't need to be sedated (honestly, I was pretty relaxed on my own). They did numb me locally, I am not that crazy.  I was finally able to get up to the 8th floor by 1 and when I looked at my line i thought, "what the heck were they thinking?" The doc can adjust the line so it falls a little to the side, but NO, I guess she thought the tubes should end on top of my right breast. Seriously? Good thing I am not modest.

I started Methotrexate at 6 p.m. The first bag runs for two hours and the second for 22 hours. I was feeling pretty good, other than this particular chemo is extremely poisonous to your system. I had to have eye drops for times a day to prevent conjunctivitis. It also causes mouth sores (luckily I didn't get these) Yeah, safe stuff. 12 hours after completing it, I had to get leucovorin to clear it from my body.  At least it didn't make me sick like the Cytarabine which I started Thursday night. I was completely out of it Friday and nauseous through Sunday. I still have a nasty taste in my mouth, like their is a fuzzy film over my tongue, but I tried to keep eating so they would let me go home.

I was released on Sunday. Woot, woot! I was downplaying my nausea so the doc would let me go. Besides, I eat better at home.

I had to go in yesterday for a shot and my Dasatinib (my $8000 chemo pill) which I will pickup today. The insurance did approve it, so my co-pay is $2616....pretty sweet huh? NOT. I also get to have another LP today and labs. Oh joy!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you are home again. The chemo thing is so nasty. My friend got the mouth sores and she said that was pretty brutal. I am glad you didn't get them. How long are you home for this time?? Do you want to address some townhomes?? LOL just kiddin. I am glad you are doing so good.

    ReplyDelete