Friday, January 28, 2011

Vampire Day

Blood, I need blood.

Hanging in the outpatient clinic waiting to get a transfusion.  Joy, joy. I was released from my prison cell on Sunday, and since then, I have had to return to the outpatient clinic Monday for medications (the pharmacy didn't have my gold plated drug in stock) Tuesday for testing and a LP. Contrary to the name, this is not an old album (our kids wouldn't even know what that is) but my FINAL lumbar puncture. Woot, woot, Happy Dance!!!!!!!!  Thursday for blood work and again today, Friday because my counts were getting low and they thought I would  need platlets.  Amazingly my platets maintained and even rose a little overnight, but the red blood cells dropped. So me and old three fingers (that is what my central line is called since is always groaping me) are hanging out (not literally) waiting for the pharmacist to get my blood.

Have I told you how awesome all the nurses and CNAs are at this hospital?  They are the best, but for some reason  the pharmacy and the doctors all seem to move in sloooooow motion. It is all a waiting game with them. And you all know how patient I am. Hell, I have been wanting to go back to work, but the doctors won't let me (which is probably a good thing). I am sure when I have to come in for the bone marrow transplant I will be climbing the walls of the prison cell by the time I get to go home.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure where to start and oh the things i could tell you. I will keep it simple. I have to tell you that you are an amazing woman and once you have kicked this in the butt you are going to be such an inspiration to us all. Not that you aren't already. Know that we are here for you if you need anything. Don't let the doctors treat you like you don't know anything. You may know more than they will give you credit for. The best advice I could give you after what we learned with Jayden is to not push yourself too hard when you are at home. You need your rest. Also do not let anyone near you if they even think they are sick. You will get sick so easy. It is not worth it. Also on the days when your tummy is not so happy eat whatever sounds good. It will probably be the only thong that will sit well. Even if you have to have bring it to you. That is what family is for. I would be more than happy to help on any way I can. Take care of yourself. There will be time to play later. Lots of love. Jen M

    ReplyDelete